WEEK 4 (30th May - 5th June 2022)

Assalamualaikum wbt and hi everyone,

The fourth week of practicum ETP5016

30th May 2022: Monday (3 periods)

Float of sink? These are the questions I asked 1AB students for today's class when I put the rubber duck into the basin filled with water and after that, I put the rock into the beaker. The majority of the students were able to answer it correctly because they already have basic knowledge about the density. This is the opportunity for me to elaborate more about density with the students because they are able to distinguish whether the object will sink or float.

For 5AG, I planned to revise for subtopic impulse and impulsive force and weight. The engagement for this revision is the activity Hot Seat where the teacher will inform the selected mentor to revise the subtopic and become the master of the subtopic. I will surely check the selected mentor's understanding who is Adi and Izzati before class so that they are well prepared before they received the questions from their friends.


Sambutan Hari Raya dan Hari Guru MRSM Kuala Klawang 2022

31st May 2022: Tuesday (2 period)

During these 2 hours periods with 5AF, I conducted an experiment that hasn't been done because the apparatus has just arrived at the school recently. The experiment is about how to calculate gravitational acceleration. The students know that the value will not change but there are some factors that will affect the reading of the gravitational acceleration of an object. The experiment is done by a demonstration where I will show students how to operate the apparatus and students will collect the data. I also need to guide students to come out with the equations for them so that they will be able to calculate the value of gravitational acceleration.

AJK Hadiah KEJORA MRSM Kuala Klawang 2022

1st June 2022: Wednesday (2 periods)

With 3IK today we have 1 period only. So I planned to show them the experiment of gravitational acceleration before we learned about free fall motion. The experiment is done by a demonstration where I will show students how to operate the apparatus and students will collect the data. I also need to guide students to come out with the equations for them so that they will be able to calculate the value of gravitational acceleration.

Revision for practical physics with 5AF for the experiment to find the relationship between inertia and mass. Since we are done revising the topics. Students always need to understand more by conducting the experiment. The experiment is done smoothly and at the end of the class, students are able to submit the complete lab report.

AJK Hadiah KEJORA MRSM Kuala Klawang 2022

2nd June 2022: Thursday (3 periods)

Float of sink? These are the questions I asked 1AG students for today's class when I put the rubber duck into the basin filled with water and after that, I put the rock into the beaker. The majority of the students were able to answer it correctly because they already have basic knowledge about the density. The lesson is actually the same with my 1AB students. When I compare the class, 1AG is more active compared to 1AB. Some of the students in 1AB like Thara, Qistina and Qisha are so quite and need to be called to have their responses in class.

2 hours periods with 3IK, I personally really close to this class because I teach them since form 1 and I know their behaviour in class. For today's class, we will go through new subtopic which is Inertia. There are a lot of event happened in daily life that can be relate to it. After we learned the theory, the students by group will conduct the experiment, record the data, draw the graph and lastly come out with complete report. John and Adam shows improvement in participating the group experiment compared to previous one. I will act as facilitator to help students understanding the procedure and collect the data.

3rd June 2022: Friday (1 periods)

During these 1 hour period with 5AG, I conducted an experiment that hasn't been done because the apparatus has just arrived at the school recently. The experiment is about how to calculate gravitational acceleration. The students know that the value will not change but there are some factors that will affect the reading of the gravitational acceleration of an object. The experiment is done by a demonstration where I will show students how to operate the apparatus and students will collect the data. I also need to guide students to come out with the equations for them so that they will be able to calculate the value of gravitational acceleration.

Warden on duty



1 period = 1 hour lesson

S: The Strength of your lesson and material

W: The weakness in your lesson/ material or teaching skill

O: Your genuine observation of your students’ proficiencies

T: Threats that you faced in the classroom (Facilities, equipment and etc) 


Comments