Assalamualaikum wbt and hi everyone,
The first week of practicum ETP5016
9th May 2022: Monday (4 periods)
I got 3 classes today 1AG, 3IK, and 5AG. For 1AG, continue discussing the S.I. module (Standard form conversion and prefixes conversion). For 3IK, continue the discussion on Scientific Investigation (plotting graph, finding gradient, finding relationship). All activities are conducted by students themselves and the teacher as guidance. For 5AG, a new subtopic has been covered the topic of Quantum Physics. Since this subtopic covered mostly theoretical, students in a group of 5, will read together among themselves the theory before discussing it with the teacher.
The main problem faced by today's class is students are just coming back from holiday (Hari Raya Aidilfitri). They are not focused during class, come late to the laboratory, and are not well-prepared. But, some students are excellent and able to engage during class.
10th May 2022: Tuesday (1 period)
I got only one class today with 1AB. We continue discussing the S.I. module (Standard form conversion and prefixes conversion). The form 1 students in my class are quite active and difficult to handle especially the boys. The girls are quite slow and shy in class. I will call out their name in class to prompt their engagement during lessons.
11st May 2022: Wednesday (2 periods)
I got two form 5 classes today. 5AF and 5AG are two different classes with a lot of differences between them. For 5AF, students are active and mostly participate during the lesson. Students like Aniq Naufal, Ammar Eiji, and Raja Natasha show good understanding during class. But some students like Luqman Hadi and Fazryn need more attention because they prefer to stay quiet but during the pop quiz, they are unable to answer the question given by the teacher. For 5AG, almost all the students prefer to study by themselves. Students like Adi and Afzar are good at asking questions during class. But, there is some students like Ahadiyat who need more attention. He mostly prefers to ask the question to his friend rather than asking directly to the teacher. Warden on duty
Jamuan Hari Raya Jabatan Matematik
12nd May 2022: Thursday (4 periods)
I got two form 5 classes today. In each class, I got two periods of lessons. For today's class, I teach problem-solving questions on the topic of Quantum Physics. 50% of the students were able to answer the questions with minimum help from the teacher. But, there are some students who are good at asking questions if they do not understand. Since the topic is quite new to the syllabus, the questions are limited and the pattern of the questions is repetitive and does not challenge the students to achieve a higher level of understanding.
KEJORA selection (4.00 - 5.30 pm)
Latihan Pertandingan Roket Kebangsaan MRSM Se-Malaysia 2022
13rd May 2022: Friday (2 periods)
For today's class, I got 1 class with 5AF and 1 class with 3IK. For 5AF, we continue the discussion on problem-solving questions because there are some students who need to understand more about the theory before they come out with the equation to solve the problems. They also need to understand the questions first before we proceed to the next chapter. There are absentees from the previous class. They were actually the threat in today's class because these students asked a lot of questions because they missed the previous class. For 3IK, the benefit of teaching this class is they are learning Physics with me since they are in form 1. I know each and every one of the student's strengths and weaknesses. Students from 3IK prefer to learn the subtopic slowly and indirect ways. But as a teacher, I need students to understand in detail. So, I decide to recall every time I need to proceed to the next questions.
Jamuan Hari Raya Jabatan Sains
1 period = 1 hour lesson
S: The Strength of your lesson and material
W: The weakness in your lesson/ material or teaching skill
O: Your genuine observation of your students’ proficiencies
T: Threats that you faced in the classroom (Facilities, equipment and etc)
Comments
Post a Comment